Binding data without lose filter configuration

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Hi Bhushan, thank for your work!

I use an Extended DataGrid connected to a service that is polled every second at the expiration of a timer.

Every second so I perform the binding to the datagrid but I lose the information on filters.

How can I save the configuration of the filters, then reapply after databind?

Thank you!

Coordinator
Jul 17, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Hi Maurizio

Can you try to retain value of datagrid.RowFilter before you just about applying new debatable to the datagrid. And reassign RowFilter it back to the grid when datasource binding is done.
But I will have to put that feature in.
Will try to put it soon.
Will let you know once done.

Regards,
Bhushan Poojary

On Jul 17, 2012 3:29 AM, "maurizio" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I use an Extended DataGrid connected to a service that is polled every second at the expiration of a timer.

Every second so I perform the binding to the datagrid but I lose the information on filters.

Thank you!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (WPFExtendedDataGrid@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email WPFExtendedDataGrid@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Jul 17, 2012 at 3:35 AM

Sorry Datatable.DefaultView.RowFilter

On Jul 17, 2012 3:29 AM, "maurizio" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Thank you!

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (WPFExtendedDataGrid@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email WPFExtendedDataGrid@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:21 AM
bpoojary wrote:

Thanks bpoojary!

I tried but...

My DataGrid is connected to a ViewModel, and then the VM does not have access to the View.
No problem i can work on code behind of the View.

But what is the event that fires when the DataSource changes?
No event was called when the underline DataTable change: (DataContextChanged, TargetUpdate, SourceUpdated...)

If I look from the VM side, the DefaultView.RowFilter properties of my DataTable, before updating the datatable, is empty so I can't work there!

Thank again.

Coordinator
Jul 17, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Hi

I will try to replicate your issue and try to fix it.

Regards,
Bhushan Poojary

On Jul 17, 2012 3:51 PM, "maurizio" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

bpoojary wrote:

Thanks bpoojary!

I tried but...

My DataGrid is connected to a ViewModel, and then the VM does not have access to the View.
No problem i can work on code behind of the View.

But what is the event that fires when the DataSource changes?
No event was called when the underline DataTable change: (DataContextChanged, TargetUpdate, SourceUpdated...)

If I look from the VM side, the DefaultView.RowFilter properties of my DataTable, before updating the datatable, is empty so I can't work there!

Thank again.