Any Ideas on showing the summaries automatically

Oct 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM
We have a scenario where we have to depend on a lot of auto generated columns , any ideas on how to add the summaries automatically in such cases . . unfortunately we cant keep updating the currently available version of the DLL as we have customized the control extensively .
Coordinator
Oct 2, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Hi,

Just call grid.UpdateRowSummaries(); after you Bind the grid with dataSource.

Regards,
bpoojary
Oct 3, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Thank you for your quick response , we tried doing that , but that does not seem to work , in case of autogenrated columns :(
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Hi,

Please send me demo project.

Regards,
bpoojary

Oct 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Edited Oct 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM
bpoojary wrote:
Hi, Please send me demo project. Regards, bpoojary
HEDataGrid

Hey I have attached the entire solution And two screen shots too
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Hi,

Its working fine, you just need to go and select few checkbox after clicking on row summaries icon on top.

Regards,
bpoojary
Oct 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Of course that works , but the client doesn't seem to be satisfied :( :( we show the summaries by default , in case of static columns , but the client doesn't understand the difference between Static and dynamic data !! did u see the screen shots of the binding errors ??
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Hi,

Working on it, will let you know when done.

Regards,
bpoojary
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Hi,

This was already fixed earlier but it seems you have removed DataGrid folder and changed the base class to .NET fraemwork DataGrid.
Will try to give you solution.

Regards,
bpoojary
Oct 3, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Yes we had to switch over to the Framework datagrid, There is an improvement in performance. I think a solution would be difficult becoz when the datagrid automatically adds columns it adds the default Datagridtextcolumns. That what i was able to conclude from the error.
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Hi,

You will have to modify the method to this or add new method that would be advisable (This should deal with only auto generated column).
private void GetSummaryValue(DataGridColumn column).
AS you have modifed the code you will have better idea now.
Hope this help you.

Regards,
bpoojary
Oct 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM
:D :D am very new to all this !! i seriously have no idea about how the whole thing works , Im in awe of your products , i doubt i could come up with a control like this myself !! il give it a shot !!
Oct 3, 2013 at 9:11 PM
The more worrying issue is the binding errors caused by the spaces and special characters in the column headings, Each time we scroll the grid these errors occur , I was thinking of adding a dependency property to hold the name of the columns minus the spaces and special characters , but am not sure how effective my approach would be !! I have to thank you for fixing the binding issues caused by Null values, it has greatly improved the performance !!
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Hi,

I am not able to find source of it, once I get it I will fix it. If you get let me know.

Regards,
bpoojary
Oct 3, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Are you looking for the 4.5 Framework Source ??
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2013 at 9:23 PM
May be but its not easy because Microsoft has added a DataGrid of their own.
Will try.

Regards,
bpoojary
Oct 3, 2013 at 9:28 PM
I understand , I will upload the framework 4.5 source and put the link over here .. the have released it for reference purpose ..
Oct 3, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Edited Oct 4, 2013 at 8:23 PM
[Just Let me know when ur done Down loading ,It will take half an hour to upload ]
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Hi,

Its very late here, you take your time..make it stable and at the end share it.
No hurry.
Come up with idea of new project too.

Regards,
bpooajry

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM
ur in inida ?? its 2:30 am here .. !!! i the framework upload is over , just let me know when u r done with it , . Il try fixing it ,,
Coordinator
Oct 4, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Hi,

I have downloaded it, what you want me to do with it?

Regards,
bpoojary
Oct 4, 2013 at 8:22 PM
just check what makes the new grid faster than the tool kit one , may be you could fix some issues from that angle .. mean while il figure out ways to fix my 2 primary issues ..