Beginner's Problem

Jan 23, 2014 at 2:44 AM
Edited Jan 23, 2014 at 4:12 AM
Hi,

I'm relatively new to obtaining 3rd party controls other than through NuGet.

I've downloaded the Source Code from this website and the Debug.zip.

The Source Code is missing a lot of Dlls when I try to run it. I think the Microsoft.Office.Core may be the Office.dll and the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel is the same one provided in the Debug.zip.

However, I have no idea what the VBIDE is.

I removed the missing DLLs reference in the project and add them in using the DLLs downloaded in the Debug.zip and the project is able to run but does not seem to run the Windows1.xaml...

I then try to create a new project using the Office and Interop.Excel.dll. Using this 4 namespaces ->
     xmlns:ExtendedGridControl="clr-namespace:ExtendedGrid.ExtendedGridControl;assembly=ExtendedGrid"
    xmlns:ExtendedGridColumn="clr-namespace:ExtendedGrid.ExtendedColumn;assembly=ExtendedGrid"
    xmlns:ExtendedGridWindowsControl="clr-namespace:ExtendedGrid.Microsoft.Windows.Controls;assembly=ExtendedGrid"
    xmlns:ExtendedUserControl="clr-namespace:ExtendedGrid.UserControls;assembly=ExtendedGrid"
However, when I bind to the same DataTable from the sample code, I keep getting the MissingManifestResourceException was unhandled.

Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure "ExceptionStringTable.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "ExtendedGrid" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

Is there any readme.txt that I'm missing on how to use the control?
Coordinator
Jan 23, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Send me demo project will fix it.

Jan 23, 2014 at 4:41 AM
Edited Jan 23, 2014 at 5:11 AM
Hi bpoojary,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Here is a download link as I'm unable to find a way to obtain your email.

My Own Demo : https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=C697C13C618AF271!567&authkey=!AIeN390_a4oL4yw&ithint=file%2c.zip

The downloaded sample : https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=C697C13C618AF271!568&authkey=!AO8d6iwk2up5Cgs&ithint=file%2c.zip

By the way, in case it is useful, I'm using the following hardware/software

Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
Visual Studio 2012

I have installed DotNet 3.5,4.0, 4.5 and 4.5.1RC. The demo target framework is 4.5.
Coordinator
Jan 23, 2014 at 4:47 AM

I don't have 2012
But will try to download.
Expect my reply after 12 hrs from now.

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Please refer only ExtendedDataGrid.dll only.
In case if you are intrested in export to excel than use excel related dll as well.

Dont add dlls like Fluent.dll and ImagePackage and MultiEventCommandBinder.dll.

Let me know if it works for you.
Jan 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM
Hi bpoojary,

My default project does not have the references actually and I could get the control to show up if I do not use any data-binding.

However, the error occurred when I data-bind the controls ItemsSource to the DataSource instance in the project.

Error Message even after removing the references:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=C697C13C618AF271!569&authkey=!AOp9Qh7YlzdGYn8&v=3&ithint=photo%2c.jpg

If possible, do you mind sending me your working data-binded version and I could start my project based on that?

Best Regards,
Steelis
Coordinator
Jan 24, 2014 at 6:10 PM
Hi,

My demo project (in downloads) you can find my binding exampes.
I am using VS2010 , mine VS2012 has expired.

How can I help you?
Can you make project in 2010 and send it to me?

Regards,
bpoojary
Jul 30, 2015 at 8:14 AM
Hi,

i to get the same error could you please suggest me

Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure "ExceptionStringTable.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "ExtendedGrid" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.