This project is read-only.

Why don't use DataGrid in .NET 4.0 as base?

Feb 22, 2012 at 4:11 AM
Edited Feb 22, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Thank you very much for sharing. This is a very useful extension to the DataGrid. Buy why does it require WPF Toolkit DataGrid instead of release version in .NET 4.0?

Feb 22, 2012 at 4:50 AM
Hi
Will send one more project which supports 3.5 in 12 hrs.

On 2/22/12, miliu99 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: miliu99
>
> Why does it require WPF Toolkit DataGrid instead of release version in .NET
> 4.0?
>
>
Feb 22, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Hi

Sorry I got confused can you please explain me in detail what issue you are facing? 

Looking forward to help you.

You can also see full version of this here

http://interviewforit.firm.in/WpfControlkit/wpfcontrolkit.application (But its not free this one is beta version )

Regards,

Bhushan Poojary

Feb 22, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I guess you don't want to add WPF Control Kit dll at all right?

Feb 23, 2012 at 2:21 AM

As I understood, the WPF Toolkit DataGrid is a pre-release version of the WPF DataGrid in .NET 3.5 and after. I normally don't need to install WPF Toolkit if I'm using .NET 4.0. But your extension is based on the toolkit, so if I want to use your extension, I had to install the toolkit. There is a potential "naming" conflict because almost same DataGrid exists in System.Windows.Controls (from .NET 4.0) and Microsoft.Windows.Controls (from Toolkit).

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Yes i got it . When i reach home i will bed .net 4.0 dll with source
code.If you want any more assistance do let me know.

On 2/23/12, miliu99 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: miliu99
>
> As I understood, the WPF Toolkit DataGrid is a pre-release version of the
> WPF DataGrid in .NET 3.5 and after. I normally don't need to install WPF
> Toolkit if I'm using .NET 4.0. But your extension is based on the toolkit,
> so if I want to use your extension, I had to install the toolkit. There is a
> potential "naming" conflict because almost same DataGrid exists in
> System.Windows.Controls (from .NET 4.0) and Microsoft.Windows.Controls (from
> Toolkit).
>
>
Feb 23, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Hi

I added 3 buttons in home page for .NET 4.0 , please download it from there and let me know if you find any issues

Regards,

Bhushan Poojary

Feb 27, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Hi

You didn't reply. Is this what you wanted?

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Hello Bhushan,

I am facing the same problem too. Pointed to .Net 4.0 and it creates ambiguity with the DataGrid control since your build already houses one.
Tried looking at the home page for a .Net 4.0 version. But could not find any links. Am I missing something? 

Regards,
- K
bpoojary wrote:

Hi

I added 3 buttons in home page for .NET 4.0 , please download it from there and let me know if you find any issues

Regards,

Bhushan Poojary

Dec 3, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Hi,

I was able to compile a solution using latest code with .NET 4.0.

You can download it from this location http://download-codeplex.sec.s-msft.com/Download?ProjectName=wpfextendeddatagrid&DownloadId=558040

Please note this point:

As code of wpf datatgrid in wpftoolkit is moved inside ExtendedDataGrid project , kindly update Microsoft.Windows.Controls namespace  to ExtendedGrid.Microsoft.Windows.Controls to use existing objects. 

I had earler made .NET 4.0 as base but problem was source code was not available to enhance and without source code it was difficult to add drag and drop feature for group by.

Let me know if you still face any issues.

Regards,

bpoojary