This project is read-only.

How do you use the ExtendedGrid.dll?

Jul 5, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I am quite new to wpf, so please forgive the rather naive question. I am adding features to a solution that is targeting .NET 3.5, so i downloaded the .NET 3.5 dll for the Extended DataGrid. I have it referenced in my project, but have no clue how to actually use it. The demo video simply shows the new features. I had assumed, that I would have to add a some xml namespace to my XAML ( like we do when using the WPFToolkit dll - xmlns:tk=http://schemas.microsoft.com/wpf/2008/toolkit ), but i have no idea what that namespace would be. Am i right in thinking that this is how one could use this dll?

- What i need is a datagrid that allows me to copy and paste date between the datagrid and excel. I can copy from the datagrid to Excel, but the paste function is not ideal.

Thank you

Jul 6, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Hi

If you want to use extended datagrid dll in. NET 3.5, you need to add wpftoolkit.dll too with it.
You can download the source code for 3.5 things will be clear.
And let me know in detail what is not working in copy to excel.

Regards,
Bhushan Poojary

On Jul 6, 2012 4:10 AM, "DMasiala" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I am quite new to wpf, so please forgive the rather naive question. I am adding features to a solution that is targeting .NET 3.5, so i downloaded the .NET 3.5 dll for the Extended DataGrid. I have it referenced in my project, but have no clue how to actually use it. The demo video simply shows the new features. I had assumed, that I would have to add a some xml namespace to my XAML ( like we do when using the WPFToolkit dll - xmlns:tk=http://schemas.microsoft.com/wpf/2008/toolkit ), but i have no idea what that namespace would be. Am i right in thinking that this is how one could use this dll?

- What i need is a datagrid that allows me to copy and paste date between the datagrid and excel. I can copy from the datagrid to Excel, but the paste function is not ideal.

Thank you

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (WPFExtendedDataGrid@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email WPFExtendedDataGrid@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 9, 2012 at 9:24 PM

The sample now makes sense to me. Thank you. The copy work quite well, but when pasting, it seems to ignore the last column of data.

Jul 9, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Hi DMasiala

Can you debug is there is any exceptio or datatype mismatch?

Kindly provide me more details.

Regards,

Bhushan Poojary