Unable to install the WPF Extended Datagrid

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:50 AM
Edited Nov 12, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Hi,

I downloaded the WpfControlKit .application and tried to install WPF Extended DataGrid but couldn't. I get the following error. 

"Unable to Run or Install the Application. The Application requires that assembly Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access Version 12 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache first"

Accordingly, I tried to install the assembly in error above(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access), but it seems it cannot be installed for "Starter" editions of Microsoft Office (which is only edition that I have). Can anyone suggest a possible work-arround for this issue. Please help.

regards,

Nirvan.

Coordinator
Nov 12, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Hi,

Try downloading whole source code and then executevthe solution.

On Nov 12, 2012 1:20 PM, "nirvanbd" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

I downloaded the WpfControlKit .application and tried to install WPF Extended DataGrid but couldn't. I get the following error.

"Unable to Run or Install the Application. The Application requires that assembly Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access Version 12 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache first"

Accordingly, I tried to install the assembly in error above(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access), but it seems it cannot be installed for "Starter" editions of Microsoft Office (which is only edition that I have). Can you suggest a possible work-arround for this issue. Please help.

regards,

Nirvan.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (WPFExtendedDataGrid@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email WPFExtendedDataGrid@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM

bpoojary,

I tried your suggestion to build and execute the source code. However, I am not able to build the dll because of the same issue. It needs the Office dlls which are simply not there in my machine. Any other ideas ?

thanks and regards,

Nirvan.

Coordinator
Nov 12, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Hi,

I have made binaries for you with office dlls in it. Please download the binaries from following location http://download-codeplex.sec.s-msft.com/Download?ProjectName=wpfextendeddatagrid&DownloadId=528746

Let me know if you can execute this binaries or not.

Regards,

bpoojary

Nov 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM

bpoojary,

Thanks a lot for the effort. Its working now.

regards,

Nirvan.