This project is read-only.

Can SummaryRow be scrollable and bind to data grid scroll

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Edited Dec 19, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Hi,

Our datagrid is created using several columns. The width of the datagrid and columns will be set by the server.

Now when the sum of width of columns is higher then the width of the grid control then we need to provide horizontal scroll bar. Our last 1 column in decimal field which require to display summary row. The last column is not visible and we have to scroll right to get this column visible.

Now using scroll we can view the last column, but the RowSummary area of that column is not scrollable. Is there a possible way so that we can bind the DataGrid horizontal scrolling with the Row Summary so that the columns and Row summary can scroll together and both column and Row Summary be visible.

Adding image for your understanding:

1. DataGrid with some tweaking with the width of overall grid width and each column width

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2. Datagrid according to the server values, please watch that, the datagrid scroll bar is possible, but there is nothing visible for RowSummary as the width of each column of row summary is as equal as the width of individual column, the RowSummary row for the last column is not visible:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Is there a way possible to achieve this?

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Hi,

I will work on this on weekend, will keep you posted about my progress.

By Sunday evening I will to answer it.

Regards,

bpoojary

Dec 21, 2012 at 3:25 AM
Edited Dec 21, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

I will wait for your answer and implement your suggestion if it is possible or use other possibility if it is not.

Thanks,

msingh

Dec 22, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Hi,

I have fixed the issue now row summaries are scrollable.

Take the latest code and build the dll (Change set number 20856)

Regards,

bpoojary

Dec 24, 2012 at 5:49 AM

Hi bpoojary,

Thanks, it is working perfectly according to our requirement..

Regards,

Mukesh Singh